Saturday, February 23, 2013

Thank you!

Sixteen years ago I turned 14 and was invited to join the stake choir by you. I learned so much about music from you, Sister McArthur. I was terrified of everyone but because of that opportunity, and a few others, my confidence grew. I loved going to choir practice as a youth and my excitement for it continued through adulthood. The way you led it always invited the spirit. The songs always gave me a spiritual lift that I needed. I loved that you were honest with how we sounded. If it was bad, you told us so we could improve and fix it, but you were always very polite about it and it was normally told through facial expressions. ;) Your banter with the bass section was always my favorite. It was quite entertaining. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to learn and grow and feel the spirit for so many years and trusting that shy 14 year old not to screw up too badly and inviting me back again and again. It was a pleasure singing in your choir.

Linda Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment