Saturday, February 23, 2013

Inexpressable Gratitude


Ms. Maestro (Sister) Jackie,

The un-utterable truth about my experience as a choir member in the Augusta Georgia Stake will never be conveyed fully in this life.  It is simply because of this.  The Spirit of Lord filled to overflowing every venue in which we used all of our meager talents to perform.  Not only were angels sent to join us, but I testify that the Lord God of Israel was eager to aid us because of your faithfulness, because of your devotion, and the hours of dedication you showed in preparation for those wonderful musical moments in our lives.

I have told you before that I have had the privilege to sing the most beautiful solo music of our day in the sun, because of you.  I pretended to lofty heights (and notes) of an Italian tenor when you gave me to sing “The Prayer”.  I was filled with dark passion – OK well, as much as a happily married man can be – in singing the role of the “Phantom” of the Opera.

But I shall always remember, and I will never forget the tender, sacred role of the “Gardner”.  The more I practiced that part, the closer I felt to the Savior, the more concerned I was about portraying that beautiful image in song, and the more certain I became that I couldn’t do it as well as needed.  But the day of the concert, I watched my director, whose humble heart and faith in us strengthened my confidence and lifted my spirit to a new plane of performance.  It was the most moving experience of the multitude of moving experiences that you gave me, and us, during your 19 years of service to the Lord, to our Stake, and to those brothers and sisters who will love you forever.

Thank you, thank you…

-Cary

No comments:

Post a Comment