Saturday, February 23, 2013

Singing with you in the Augusta Stake Choir is the closest thing I will ever get to singing in the Tabernacle Choir.   You taught us not only how to sing the right notes, but to sing our testimony.  I was able to physically express all those things of the heart that cannot be expressed in words.  We were able to shout for joy and tell the Lord of our gratitude for His blessings.

My favorite choir memory was singing at the cornerstone laying ceremony.  The instructions were to only look at you, not at President Hinckley.  Well, the angle I had to take to look at you put him right behind you in my line of sight.  I did look at you the entire time, but I couldn't help seeing him also.  He stood still listening and watching us the entire time we were singing.  It was amazing.  I know he could feel out spirits as we sang.

Thank you so much.  I will never forget my experiences with the choir.

Fawn Carlsen

No comments:

Post a Comment