Saturday, February 23, 2013

Jackie,  Being part of the Augusta Stake Choir was some of the happiest years of my life. We were not just a choir, we were family with you as the glue that held us together. When I moved away 5 1/2 years ago I knew I would miss it, but I did not realize how much. My fondest memories living in the Augusta Stake was due to the strong faithful members that made this choir great. I will never forget the time we had a general authority visiting and when he got up to speak, he made mention of how he did not realize we had a mini Tabernacle Choir in the Augusta Stake. He then asked us to sing his favorite hymn. Since we did not have hymn books on the stand we had to have a few choir members go down to the congregation to gather them. Every member of that choir had their eyes glued to you like you were our lifeline. I am so grateful to you for giving me the opportunity to grow in my confidence as a performer and in gaining a stronger testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ. You are forever my true friend and I miss you very much. Thank you for your unending dedication to this awesome choir!

Dorralee Hebert

No comments:

Post a Comment