Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Raising the Bar

As I've lived in other wards, I've come to realize how much I took for granted the immense musical talent of the Aiken Ward and Augusta Stake, where music was such a big part of our meetings.  I absolutely loved participating in those choirs.  Some of my favorite memories are of the Easter Cantatas (specifically The Garden), the multi-stake choir at USC where the choir and congregation sang "How Firm A Foundation" but ironically the congregation was advised not to stand as a safety precaution with the steep terracing, and a Stake Conference in the late 90's when the visiting Authority asked us on the fly to sing his favorite hymn, "In Humility Our Savior."  Since that day, that has been my favorite hymn as well.

Thank you so much Sister McArthur (and Sister Hart!) for sharing your magnificent talents with us and helping us all to develop our own talents.


With Love,

Natalie (Taylor) Nash

No comments:

Post a Comment